Sunday, January 17, 2010

Maisie Middle Name Help


Hi! My husband and I are trying to conceive our 2nd child. We have a 2 yr old son, Beckett Reed. My husband loves the name Maisie (if we ever have a girl). I like it too, if we can find a middle name that works with it! I like to use family names as middle names but have run out of ideas for Maisie....some family names: Anne, Jean, June, Kay, May (and any related to those). Can you help us please??

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Jamie! Sorry how long it has taken to replying to your question! I have to agree with both of you on what a lovely name Maisie is. Its an adorable name, with loads of character. It is on my list too. And Maisie and Beckett sound superb together!

My favourite from the list of middle names would have to be Maisie Anne. It flows really nicely. Jean and June could also work but I would rule out Maisie May as both start with the same syllable.

So here are some of my suggestions for a middle name. From the list of family names I’m presuming understated, classical type names.

Eve
Evelyn
Camilla
Louise/ Louisa
Alice
Lucia
Emma
Adelaide
Violet
Claire
Elizabeth
Jane
Frances
Elspeth
Elinor
Pearl
Olivia
April
Georgia/ Georgina
Lynn
Grace
Joan
Ruth
Annette
Katherine/Kate
Elise
Ellen

(In bold are my favourite ones!)

An idea, if you are having trouble finding the perfect and most fitting middle name, is to call her Margaret, with the nickname Maisie? Or Mairead perhaps?

I hope the list helps, and good luck choosing! If you have any other name questions, perhaps boys, don't hesitate to ask. I love to know what names other people are mulling over!

3 comments:

jamie said...

thank you!! my favorite family mn would be maisie anne too. i also really like maisie jane and maisie violet. we are also mulling over lucy marigold for a girl and for boys we have it narrowed down to either tobin gray or sullivan james.

Nick and Terryn said...

I am a huge fan of the name Maisie! My second daughters name is Maisie and we choose the middle name of Kate. It totally fits her! We love to call her Maisie Katers.

Anna said...

I like Margaret nn Maisie :)
Lucy Marigold is fabulous one of my very fav Lucy combos! Sullivan James is so fitting with Beckett Reed!