Saturday, September 12, 2009

The Trend Continues


I guess you can cite it the "Twilight Trend", the trend of combining the names to create a truly individual name for your child used by Bella and Edward when naming Renesmee Carlie Cullen.

I'm personally not a big fan at all. The latest (not sure whether I should say victim or perpetrator) 'couple' to choose this method is Katherine Heigl and Josh Kelley. They are adopting a daughter from Korea and naming her Naleigh after her mother Nancy and Sister Leigh.

Tell me would you ever use this method? Do you have to select individual names which mix right? Can we stop creating and prevent our children from having out of wack names. Naleigh its not a bad name but what's next?

2 comments:

Dear Europe said...

I agree that Naleigh and Renesmee are rather unappealing, but there are other smush names I like quite a bit, such as Annevieve, Rosamel, Annegret, Anneliese etc. Some smush name can come out sounding quite spiffy.

Laura said...

Rosamel is adorable, that’s a 'smush' (love that phrase by the way) name which is particularly appealing! Maybe we can tempt her into using that instead!