Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Festive Names! Part I - Girls

So its one more sleep until its my favourite time of year again. Decorations (This year I have organized to have a snowman and snowflake painted on my toes!). That Christmas-sy cinnamon-ny smell. Over eating. Over Drinking. And of course presseeenttss!

So in the spirit of Christmas I have decided to post a few appropriate names for this ever so jolly Christmas.

Noelle - An obvious choice for a little Christmas girl. Sweet.

Holly - A gorgeous name for a little girl. I love the link to Audrey Hepburn as Holly Golightly in 'Breakfast at Tiffany's. And according to the Christmas carol the holly wears the crown.

Natalia - Meaning born on Christmas day and originally from Italy Natalia is a classy choice especially for Van Morrison fans.

Carol - OKay so this one may have been used by the generation before us but I still think it is a nice strong name. And it's likely you know someone you can honor by using this name.

Neva- A gorgeous little name meaning snow and is originally from Spain. This is my favourite of the Christmas names. It just sounds so feminine and pretty.

Eira-Another name which means snow. But even if your a southern hemisphere-er and don't have the whole white Christmas thing this Welsh name is a beautiful chioce for bubby girl.

Atalya - This is another form of the above name Natalia from America and thus shares it's meaning. Cute.

So for now, at least untill I brainstorm boys names, Merry Christmas!

No comments: